Iran and Uruguay face off at the NV Arena in a thrilling international friendly match on Friday.
The Celestial head into the weekend on an eight-game unbeaten streak and will be looking to roll the juggernaut.
Iran were sent crashing to earth in their last outing as they lost 2-1 to Algeria on June 12.
Before that, they secured their place in the next World Cup by picking up 25 points from 10 games to finish top of their qualifying group.
Iran come into the weekend unbeaten in 16 of their last 18 games since the start of 2020, claiming 15 wins and one draw during that span.
Meanwhile, Uruguay’s preparations for the World Cup continued in fine fashion as they eliminated Panama 5-0 on June 11.
They are currently unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions, dating back to a 3-0 loss to Bolivia in November 2021.
Uruguay have been drawn into Group H of the World Cup, alongside Portugal and South Korea, while Iran are in Group B.
Head to head Iran vs Uruguay and key figures
- This will be the second meeting between the parties. Their first meeting was in February 2003, when the spoils were split in a 1-1 draw.
- Uruguay are unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions, winning six and drawing one.
- Iran have won three of their last four friendlies, scoring eight and conceding two in that span.
- Uruguay start the weekend on a run of three wins and one draw in their last four away games since November 2021.
- The Celestial have also kept five clean sheets in their last five outings, while scoring 11 goals in that span.
Iran vs Uruguay Prediction
Although full-time results are somewhat irrelevant, we anticipate an exciting competition with both nations looking to kick off their friendlies on a high. Uruguay, who have a lot of experience and class in their squad, come into this game in solid form and we back them to secure a comfortable victory.
Prediction: Iran 0-3 Uruguay
$1,100 first bet insurance at Caesars
Iran vs Uruguay Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Uruguay
Tip 2: Both teams to score – No (Uruguay haven’t conceded in their last five games)
Tip 3: Game with more than 4.5 cards – No (There have been less than five cards in Uruguay’s last five matches)