Iranian “Guard Corps” opened fire on the headquarters of the Kurdish opposition in Iraq

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has fired on the headquarters of Iranian-Kurdish opposition groups in northern Iraq after Tehran accused them of inciting protests.

It is reported by Ukrinform with reference to Radio Freedom.

At least one person was killed in an attack on the premises of Kurdish parties opposing Iranian rule on the evening of November 20. In particular, we are talking about the headquarters of the Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan and the residence of the leaders of the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan.

A senior Iranian-Kurdish Democratic Party official said that Mohammed Nazif Qaderi, a member of a Kurdish-Iranian group exiled in Iraq, was killed in the IRGC attack, and that the Jengikan and Gardehchal camps near the Erbil International Airport has been the target of most of the intense drone and missile attacks. Members of the group claimed that the blows also hit the hospital in Koya.

Read also: protests in Iran: activists showed burning House passed away leader Khomeini

The Norway-based human rights organization Hengaw reported that Iranian forces also shelled the cities of Marivan and Javanrud in western Iran on the night of Nov. 21. In the past 24 hours, security forces had killed 13 people in the region.

There is no confirmation of this data from other sources.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani told reporters that Tehran acted to “defend its borders and the security of its citizens on the basis of its legitimate rights”.

Read also: BEE Iran to endure second mortal sentence participant anti-governmentX protests

He argued that the government in Baghdad and the administration of the autonomous Kurdish region of Iraq, based in Erbili, had failed to fulfill their obligations to prevent threats to Iran from Iraqi areas.

In September, the IRGC released a statement saying such attacks would continue until the bases of “terrorist groups” were eliminated and until regional authorities “act in accordance with their obligations”.

Read also: Iran peeled Iraq: eatingb lost and injured

BEE Iran The protests continued for two months after Mahsa Amini’s death in mid-September. A 22-year-old Iranian woman of Kurdish descent died in Tehran three days after being arrested for allegedly violating a hijab rule.

By Peter Kavinsky

Peter Kavinsky is the Executive Editor at