AEW star Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF) feels the promotion was “lost” without his presence.
The 26-year-old was out for three months after his infamous promo on Dynamite where he shot Tony Khan. He also called out the AEW president for pushing former WWE stars.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani at the last edition of MMA hourFriedman said his absence has certainly been felt within the promotion over the past three months.
“I think if you watch AEW, I think a great example if you don’t believe me when I say ‘AEW is lost without me’ is again, the last three months. And I’m not saying the show was always ‘It wasn’t solid, but it felt like something was missing and we all know it was me,” MJF said. [From live show at the time of writing]
MJF made their return to AEW All Out
Since his promo on Dynamite after AEW Double or Nothing, Maxwell Jacob Friedman had been absent for quite a while.
However, at the recent AEW All Out pay-per-view, The Salt of the Earth finally made a comeback. During the Casino Ladder Match, Friedman entered as “Joker”.
He refused to reveal his identity during the contest and was assisted by Stokely Hathaway and his newly formed faction, The Firm. During the final stages of the show, Friedman finally revealed his identity, taking on CM Punk after his victory over Jon Moxley in the main event.
At the time, he hinted that he would reignite his feud with Punk over his new AEW World Championship. However, Punk was forced to vacate the title due to a reported injury.
AEW has since hinted at the possibility of a feud between Friedman and Jon Moxley after the two clashed on Dynamite a few weeks ago.
This Wednesday, Moxley will face Bryan Danielson in the final of the AEW World Championship Tournament. The new champion should feud with MJF down the road.
Please credit The MMA Hour and give Sportskeeda Wrestling an H/T if you use quotes from this article.
A legend thinks CM Punk should have gone to WWE and not AEW. Don’t believe us? Click here