“Given the armed aggression of the Russian Federation, the risk of terrorist attacks, sabotage and hostage taking is increasing, especially in crowded places.” reported at the press office of the SBU.
Therefore, this work is carried out for:
- prevent the Lavra from being used as a cell of the “Russian world”;
- verification of data on the use of UOC premises for housing sabotage and reconnaissance groups, foreign citizens, storage of weapons, etc.;
- protection of the population against provocations and acts of terrorism.
With the direct participation of church representatives, law enforcement officers:
- inspect the territory and buildings of the Lavra to identify objects prohibited from traffic;
- conducting verification of individuals on the territory of the Lavra regarding their involvement in illegal activities to the detriment of the state sovereignty of Ukraine.
All actions are performed within the limits of current legislation. We note that in its activities, the SBU observes the principle of impartiality towards the activities of any religious denomination and respects the right of every citizen to freedom of expression and religion as defined by the Constitution of Ukraine, the SBU added up to it.
On February 24, 2022, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” in occupied Donbas. Russia launched missile attacks on the territory of Ukraine and launched a direct large-scale four-way invasion. The armed forces of Ukraine repel the enemy, the blitzkrieg plan – to capture Kiev in two or three days – failed, the Russian army retreated from the capital. The Russian military is committing thousands of war crimes and crimes against humanity across Ukraine.