Tyson Fury has stated he will have his next fight on December 3, even if Anthony Joshua does not sign a contract for the heavyweight duo’s potential match.
Fury recently offered his British counterpart the chance to challenge him for the WBC title before the year is out, and negotiations for a December fight have been ongoing for the past few weeks.
However, Fury stated in a social media video on Friday (September 23) that Joshua, 32, has yet to sign a contract for the long-awaited pageant. Fury, 34, also said he doesn’t believe AJ will do that.
“[He’s] I had the contract for I don’t know how long and I’m not signing it,” Fury said. “You sausage, you don’t want to fight, your manager is a sausage. I’ve never seen anything like you.
“However, I will be fighting on December 3rd, [even] if this sausage doesn’t sign this contract, which I don’t think he is [going to] – because I don’t think he has the guts, because he sucks.”
Undefeated Fury’s offer of a fight to Joshua came as a surprise following the latter’s second straight loss to Oleksandr Usyk last month.
Joshua lost the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles to the undefeated Ukrainian in September 2021, and failed to regain them in August.
As such, Fury and Usyk should face off to crown an undisputed heavyweight champion, but the Ukrainian won’t be fit in time for the desired date of the “Gypsy King” fight.
Fury has therefore turned his attention to Joshua, and it’s unclear who the WBC champion could fight in December if he doesn’t face AJ.