During Moscow’s massive military operation against Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Wednesday warned of the “nuclear and catastrophic” consequences of World War III. Read the article to determine if World War III will happen and who will support whom.
World War 3
According to the state-owned TASS, Russia’s longtime ambassador responded to the possibility of a third world war, saying it would be catastrophic.
As US President Joe Biden has said, World War III would be a viable alternative to Washington’s tough sanctions against Moscow. Asked if it was surprising that sanctions were being imposed on athletes and journalists, Lavrov said he was prepared for any sanctions against Russia.
He commented on the bans and restrictions imposed by Western countries on athletes, intellectuals, actors and journalists. He said “dictators” like Vladimir Putin should “pay the price” for occupying another country during his inaugural State of the Union speech on Tuesday night.
Russia has banned the use of US airspace following the US occupation. Lavrov said the special operation against Ukraine was designed to prevent Kiev from buying nuclear weapons, according to a Qatar-based news channel.
According to the channel, Russia will not allow Ukraine to acquire nuclear weapons. He noted that the ongoing military operation in Ukraine was aimed at disarming the country.
Despite Ukraine’s obligations under the Budapest Memorandum, which stipulates that the country surrender its nuclear weapons in exchange for security guarantees, President Vladimir Zhelensky did not rule out the possibility of Kiev amending those obligations.
World war 3: Who Will Support Whom?
My knowledge of this topic is somewhat limited, but I will give my best view. Not all nations on earth will wage a third world war. Indeed, most South American, African and Oceanian nations, as well as many Asian nations, do not fight each other. The WW2 included many countries because the colonial powers ruled many countries.
I do not know exactly what caused the 3rd world war, but I think the economic and military status of every country is now. If the conflict starts in Asia (around Taiwan, the South China Sea or South Korea) or the Middle East (around Israel, Iraq or Iran), it will most likely be in Asia or the Middle East.
Watch how many people died in World War 2
This video shows a comparison of the number of victims of World War II with the help of 3D animation.
- The U.S.A.
- The European Union. Due to their NATO obligations, they are obligated to side with the U.S. against a democratically elected country. There are four primary sources of military power:
- The U.K.
- Israel – This country, too, will surely side with the U.S. as most of their enemies will be on the other side of the conflict. They receive most of their weapons from the U.S., their strongest ally.
- Canada- A democratic country located near the U.S. On par with Europe.
- Taiwan – The war may start due to their invasion, so they will undoubtedly side with the countries that recognize them.
- Japan – We have had Japan as an ally since WWII and China as our enemy. Japan would side with the U.S.
- South Korea – Located right next to China and adjacent to North Korea. Just like Taiwan, they’ll support the U.S. when the fighting starts.
- Saudi Arabia – It’s a democracy, but they will fight Iran. Friends are enemies of enemies.
- Iran – The USA and Israel consider them enemies, and the Russians back them. This site will no doubt ally with them.
- North Korea – This country is allied with China and Russia, and they want to take over the southern half of the country.
There may be some I missed, but I think these are the most important players. Here are my thoughts on what can happen in such a conflict.
The Cold War or World War 3?
Two things will be assumed to make this scenario work.
- The situation does not involve nuclear weapons.
- Team Russia/China is the aggressor.
Iran is more likely to try to attack Israel as well. If this happens, it will be catastrophic. An effective coordinated strike between Israel, Saudi Arabia and US forces would force the Iranian military to suspend and surrender.
Already, the American war machine is spinning. The U.S. Navy is deployed at full speed from the Pacific to Japan. Large land forces cross the Atlantic as part of US reinforcements in Europe. Now that the ground forces are coming the waves are changing.
The U.S. Navy is dwarfing the Chinese, pushing back Chinese forces. Taiwan, the Philippines and South Korea will be released over time. If China refuses to surrender, the United States may send troops. Nevertheless, US and European forces in Eastern Europe would have sent Russian troops to Moscow by then.
As of now, four outcomes are possible.
- Russia and China will negotiate a truce that allows them to continue their trade, but with less power and influence than previously.
- Team USA indeed invaded Russia and China, dismantling their governments and replacing them with “democratic” ones. However, I cannot guarantee that these governments will function well.
- When backed into a corner, Russia and China launch their nuclear weapons and cannot win.
- All of this seems unlikely. I simplified the answer to avoid further complications. It would not be as I predicted if World War 3 happened. A small amount of fighting is also likely to bring peace if war breaks out since nobody wants to see a war between the major powers. The Middle East will likely see fewer proxy wars.
The post World War 3: What will Happen and Who will Support Whom? appeared first on India Express Online.